Statement From Board of Directors On Coronavirus
To our Members and Friends:
The Board of Directors of Centro Romeu Cascaes is carefully monitoring the latest reports from the developing situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States. Centro Romeu Cascaes has taken and will continue to take, several precautionary and preventative measures to ensure the continued health and safety of our members and friends.
We’d like to remind our members and friends to follow guidance from public health authorities. If you’re feeling ill, stay home and stay away from others. Wash your hands frequently and always cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue if sneezing or coughing.
As an added precaution we’ve strengthened our cleaning procedures including increasing the frequency and diligence in daily cleaning and disinfecting, utilizing stronger disinfectant products on all surfaces in our location.
The Board of Directors will continue to proactively monitor the situation as it develops and will continue to evaluate and implement additional measures as needed, to protect our members and friends.
The Centro Romeu Cascaes Portuguese American Community Center has a simple, but important mission:
To promote and develop the moral character and well-being of our members; to promote good citizenship; to participate in community activities for the benefit of society in general; to provide good role models to children and youth of our community; to teach the Portuguese language, literature, geography, and history.
- CRC Helps the Harrison CommunityIn the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, the Centro Romeu Cascaes and the Rancho a Eira joined forces to collect food items and subsequently distribute bags of food to those in need. The Centro received several donations from companies throughout the community, including … Read more
- Statement of Board of DirectorsThe Board of Directors of Centro Romeu Cascaes is carefully monitoring the latest reports from the developing situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States. Centro Romeu Cascaes has taken and will continue to take, several precautionary and preventative measures to ensure … Read more
- Matança do PorcoOn February 22nd, 2020, the Centro Romeu Cascaes organized the annual "Matança do Porco," a traditional fall/winter feast that celebrates the slaughtering of a pig. In the past in Portugal, it was uncommon to eat large amounts of meat throughout the year, and … Read more
- Italian LunchIn efforts to continue funding the reconstruction of the Centro's basement, the Portuguese School and its members got together once more to plan an amazing evening. On February 16th, 2020, nearly 100 guests came and ate the best Italian food around prepared by … Read more
- Super Bowl PartyOn Super Bowl Sunday (February 2nd, 2020), the Centro Romeu Cascaes became the best place to watch football. With a packed house, great food, and even better football, guests were bound to have fun. As seen below, the event was featured in the … Read more